Location: Miami, FL
About List + Beisler:
L+B is a green coffee importing company headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, and founded in 1901. We import coffee from all over the world to all over the world. We have been selling green coffee in the USA for over a half century but only recently opened a bricks and mortar location. In January 2021 we opened our US Headquarters in Miami, FL, having previously operated in New York, NY.
L+B has been a market leader in the green coffee importing space for over 100 years. We have worked with coffee roasters and coffee growers all over the world - working to connect them, working to foster ongoing relationships, and working towards mutually beneficial goals since the very beginning. We have consistently been that dependable partner, and we are excited to continue to grow toward more opportunities.
We currently have a small-but-mighty US based sales team that we are looking to grow. In the past year, despite the obstacles created by the pandemic, we have seen our business develop considerably and require more seats at the table.
About the Position:
This position will come with training and mentorship. While some experience is needed, we are open to helping a career-minded coffee professional grow in their knowledge and ability to sell green coffee. This position is equal opportunity, BIPOC/LGBT+ friendly, and ALL interested parties are encouraged to apply.
We are a customer focused company, so customer service skills are essential. Forging our way into new market directions means that the person we hire will need to be nimble and capable of balancing different tasks effectively.
A Jr. Coffee Trader is essentially a green coffee salesperson. Sales require:
- Relational/Communication skills – phone, email, friendly/attentive service
- Technical skills - computer programing, mathematics, contract details, etc.
- Coffee skills – tasting, origin knowledge, some understanding of roasting and the industry overall
- Detail oriented – Due to how technical and how many moving parts this job requires, being organized and able to manage a lot of moving parts will help with success.
A Jr. Trader will be responsible for building their own list of clients, working with the team to meet those clients' needs, processing orders, managing contracts/accounts receivable, processing sample orders, familiarizing themselves with the coffee inventory (mainly through tasting offerings and knowing the data,) pricing, shipping, and more.
This is why being a part of a team that is built on collaboration and collective effort is so important. Our team works interdependently, and we are all in this to help each other, our clients, and the farmers we all support reach our own versions of success. Welcome to the team!
Role and Responsibilities
Green Coffee Trading
- New client development
- Sales to new clients
- Customer retention/service
- Triage calls for Sr. team members
- Coffee cupping
- Tender samples
- Maintain prospect spreadsheet for onboarding new clientele
- Attend coffee industry events and represent L+B
- Create/Maintain mailers, some minor marketing materials
- Participate is sales meetings
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- College Degree
- Coffee Industry Experience
- Detailed Oriented
- Coffee cupping skills
- Strong PC skills – Excel, Microsoft Office
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills
L+B USA is in start-up mode. This position may adapt and change with growth, opportunities, and as the company moves into the future.
Please send your application to Sam.Grigg@list-beisler.us. We look forward to meeting you!